In loving memory of my Dad, John Flynn, who dedicated his life to the 'hotdogs' of S.H. Armstrong Recreation Centre.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

DOMINICANADA

Today is a great day!  I have made a personal commitment to open the Dominicanada Youth Development Centre here in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.  My board of directors, who have been so helpful and supportive, are some of my closest friends and colleagues, thank you all for your positive energy.  There is such a great need in the area of Playa Oeste, most families are non-traditional, and most mothers are single.  The vicious cycle of unemployment is never ending.  Unemployment stems from a lack of education.  Therefore, we are dedicated to empowering underprivileged youth, to help them become self-sufficient young adults. Dominicanada will be a Youth Development Centre in Playa Oeste.  Our goal is to further educate the children of the community through recreational activities.  I will work along side Ilda Catalina Rosario my long time friend, and director of the Club Francisco del Rosario Sanchez School.  I will be working very closely with Ilda and 60 of the children from her school. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment