In loving memory of my Dad, John Flynn, who dedicated his life to the 'hotdogs' of S.H. Armstrong Recreation Centre.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

DOMINICANADA BAKE SALE

The bad new is, my first attempt at the big bake sale was a flop.  It rained all weekend, and we didn’t have too many customers.   The good news is, my second attempt in July, was much better.  Sunny skies and lots of visitors.  I set up the sunroom at the cottage with lots of goodies that took me 3 days to bake, and our advertisement for free Dominican coffee was a big attraction. Chrissie, Lynda and Carolyn were there from our board of Directors.  Thanks for your help ladies!  All the proceeds will go towards notebooks for the children at the school. Each person that purchased $5.00 of baked goods was given a Dominicanada sticker that they signed saying they had donated that notebook for a child.  The sticker will be placed inside the front cover of each notebook, so that the children are aware of the person’s name that donated and wanted to help them.  The bake sale was great fun, the nicest part was just talking to all my neighbours, and it was a great day.  I have the best neighbours in Balm Beach!  Thanks to you all for your donations and support.





No comments:

Post a Comment